Design is the key fundamental factor in conveying the right message to your customers. It’s the difference between “what can you do?” and “what can you do?”. With a simple change in how the raw information appears to the reader, the perception of that information changes drastically. Take these two images for example, both containing the exact same information, but designed and displayed completley different:
If somebody were to hand you the flyer on the left, in most cases you would give them a questioning look as if to say “really?” and then toss it into the nearest trash can; only recalling it to your friends later to let them know how awful it was. On the other hand, if somebody were to hand you the flyer on the right (let’s just say electronic music is what you listen to) you would take the time to look it over and most likely spare it’s fate from the trash can and carry it with you to wherever your final destination may be to share it with your friends.
The first scenario can be easily avoided, although in many cases it’s not. When something is designed with talent and skill like that of the staff at Lynch Printing, you’ll never have to worry about your customers getting the wrong signal from your business. Good design is the difference between sucess and failure.
Welcome to the second installment in our 3 part series, “Why Printed Promotional Products Are Beneficial to Your Business”. Keep reading to find out how your business can use promotional products to your advantage.
- Promotional products go above and beyond the shelf life of the average magazine or newspaper. Printed promotional items such as magnets, when hung on a refrigerator, are a constant source of advertising to your customers. They’ll never have to ruffle through all their piles of paper trying to locate your company, get frustrated, give up, and go with the other guys, because you’re right there in front of them on a daily basis.
Revitalize Dormant Customers
- Thousands of dollars are spent by companies every year trying to gain new customers, but one of the most commonly overlooked customers are the one’s you’ve done business with in the past who you haven’t heard from in a while. Sure, you could send them an email or give them a phone call, but if you’re really trying to get them back, send them something they can use. It’ll be appreciated by the customer and, because of the various other reasons listed in this series, give your business a better opportunity for opening a closed-door.
- Printed promotional products can be distributed anywhere, anytime, and for any occasion. Go ahead and hand out some magnets to the store down the road, or maybe give some pens to your neighbor to hand out, or maybe even give some to a doctor’s office (lot’s of traffic through there). The point is, you can advertise to potential customers without having to create a motive or incentive.
Printed promotional products, even in the technologically advanced world in which we live, are still one of the most effective means of conveying messages to customers. That being said, you should take great care in deciding by whom and how your promotional products are designed. The difference between a professional looking design and an amateur design is clearly noticeable, especially to customers. By choosing to work with a professional graphic designer, you not only guarantee yourself a quality product, but the ease of mind that allowing a professional graphic designer to create your products brings:
- You know your trade, and so do professional graphic designers. They know the ins and outs of the best software available, standards for printing, and can create your project quickly and efficiently; giving you time to run your business without worrying.
2. Great Design
- Even if you own design software such as the Adobe Creative Suite, knowing how to use it to its full capacity, or even to do a simple project, may prove to be more hassle than it’s worth. By hiring a professional graphic designer, you ensure that the quality of your promotional product is at its absolute best and will make your company stand out from the rest.
- Things should always be done right the first time. By hiring a professional graphic designer, you ensure that the utmost level of concern and attention to detail has been implemented in the designing of your product. Because a professional graphic designer will get things right the first time around, you’ll keep the money that you would’ve spent on alterations in your pocket, where it belongs.
Logos are your way of saying to the customer: this is my company, remember it. You want your logo to stand out from the rest and to be easily remembered; consistency is key.
Here’s a great article on why small businesses, or any businesses for that matter, should have their logo designed by professionals.